For my first bug I decided to contribute to FlashPunk, an engine I have used to prototype some of my game ideas in the past. I found a division by zero error bug related to interpolating through an array of lines and decided to do it. This would be easy I though and “solved” what I thought the blogger was talking about and committed a patch that resolved the division by zero. Shortly after another user, BlckNight, committed a fully correct update to the bug. I had not tested / explored the class to understand its full functionality and my solution only solved the problem relevant to the post. This solution caused other problems with more extensive use of the class! It was stupid of me to not fully study the functionality of the class and test all use cases. This lesson will soon not be forgotten….